Sydney Northern Suburbs NSW
HTN is Australia’s largest group employer of hospitality, tourism and food service apprentices. We are a trusted company who work with a network of highly successful businesses, restaurants and chefs to provide you with a unique opportunity to undertake a culinary career.
Apprentice Chef – about the role
As an apprentice chef, you will work alongside qualified chefs assisting in all aspects of food preparation and presentation. This position provides the opportunity to learn and build experience in a commercial kitchen environment. We are looking for a passionate individual who is wanting to develop knowledge in commercial cookery. Most importantly working as an apprentice chef will give you the skills and knowledge to one day run your own kitchen!
- HTN Apprentice chefs have access to variety of kitchens in restaurants, hotels, cafés, catering companies, clubs and other independent food service contractors. We work with you to find your perfect fit.
Apprentice Chef Responsibilities:
- You will learn the tricks of the trade and work with bigger quantities of food and a variety of seasonal ingredients
- Help prepare and cook dishes while training to be a full-time qualified chef
- Clean, maintain and store kitchen equipment appropriately
- Under supervision, you will operate kitchen equipment such as mixers, choppers, fryers, steamers and learn different knife and cooking techniques
Apprentice Chef Skills:
- Demonstrates good communication with energy and enthusiasm
- Seeks out opportunities to learn
- Demonstrates awareness and listens to feedback
- Recognises and respect relevant kitchen policies
- Shows initiative, flexibility & curiosity
To be eligible to work as an apprentice or trainee in NSW you must either have:
- Australian Citizenship
- Australian Permanent Residency
- New Zealand Passport Holder residing in Australia for more than six months
- Holds visa that is identified by Training Services NSW as being eligible
This position would also be suitable for individuals interested in cooking, kitchen hand and hospitality