This is a great opportunity for an early school leaver or someone looking to start their career to become an Apprentice Butcher.
HTN is a leading Group Training Organisation established to provide hospitality and food-service industries with quality apprentices. At HTN you will be provided with a different kind of training and a better apprenticeship experience.
HTN will encourage, support, mentor and develop you into a great apprentice. At the end of your apprenticeship you will be rewarded with a nationally recognised TAFE qualification in Meat Processing.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As an Apprentice Butcher:*
- You will work closely with the team to learn all aspects of the successful operation of a butcher shop
- Provide exceptional service to our valued customers
- Ensuring that meat recipes are followed properly during preparation
- Undertake general duties assigned by manager
- Cut, trim and shape standard cuts of meat to size
- Assemble and operate mincers, grinders, mixers, patty-forming or sausage forming machines
The required skills of apprentice butcher:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well-presented and reliable
- Have a positive attitude
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
*Applicants must meet eligibility criteria to undertake an Australian Apprenticeship.
HTN is an equal opportunity employer.*
A person is eligible to be approved as an apprentice or trainee in NSW if they are:
- an Australian citizen, or
- a foreign national with permanent residency, or
- a New Zealand passport holder who has been resident in Australia for more than six months, or
- a person who holds a visa that is identified by Training Services NSW as being eligible, providing that that the visa is valid beyond the nominal term of the training contract.