This is a great opportunity for an early school leaver or someone looking to start their career to become an Apprentice Butcher. HTN is a leading Group Training Organisation established to provide hospitality and food-service industries with quality apprentices. At HTN you will be provided with a different kind of training and a better apprenticeship experience.
HTN will encourage, support, mentor and develop you into a great apprentice. At the end of your apprenticeship you will be rewarded with a nationally recognised TAFE qualification in Meat Processing.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As an Apprentice Butcher:
- You will work closely with the team to learn all aspects of the successful operation of a butcher shop
- Provide exceptional service to our valued customers
- Ensuring that meat recipes are followed properly during preparation
- Undertake general duties assigned by manager
- Cut, trim and shape standard cuts of meat to size
- Assemble and operate mincers, grinders, mixers, patty-forming or sausage forming machines
The required skills of apprentice butcher:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well-presented and reliable
- Have a positive attitude
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
Applicants must meet eligibility criteria to undertake an Australian Apprenticeship.
HTN is an equal opportunity employer.
A person is eligible to be approved as an apprentice or trainee in NSW if they are:
- an Australian citizen, or
- a foreign national with permanent residency, or
- a New Zealand passport holder who has been resident in Australia for more than six months, or
- a person who holds a visa that is identified by Training Services NSW as being eligible, providing that that the visa is valid beyond the nominal term of the training contract.
We thank all interested parties in advance for their application, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.