RETAIL CHEF DE PARTIE
The retail food and beverage (FAB) offering includes grab and go items, fast food and bistro menu options. FAB outlets are currently undergoing a substantial refurbishment, as such, this is a newly created role best suited to a Chef de Partie with retail experience.
A natural sense of creativity and innovation is important to deliver on our promise of ‘exceptional guest experience’. As the Retail Chef de Partie you will be required to prepare food that in itself becomes an experience, by injecting a sense of playfulness and theatre into the menu preparation and presentation.
The Retail Chef de Partie will be responsible for the outlet food preparation and production, control and operating within prescribed COGS and minimizing wastage. You will need to be a strong communicator with a calm manner and be quality focused ensuring consistency and food presentation meet the required standards.
A flexible approach and resourcefulness will ensure good planning and the sharing of the kitchen resources works to everyone’s needs. Working knowledge of HACCP and food safety regulations is also a requirement.
- Retail food and beverage cooking experience in a high-volume environment.
- Culinary trade qualifications to a minimum of Cert III.
- Strong planning, organization and execution skills.
- Commitment to quality food preparation, presentation and hygiene standards.
- Skills to contribute to ordering and offering suggestions for new menu items.
- Monitor COGS and minimize wastage.
- Knowledge of sauces, stocks, seafood, pizzas and good pan work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player and willingness to assist other food production areas when necessary.
- Be able to work calmly when under pressure.
- HACCP, Food Safety and WH&S awareness and practice.
- This is a full-time position with the majority of hours being worked Friday through Monday, which will include some evening shifts on weekends
- The chance to represent one of Sydney’s iconic brands, a unique, diverse and fun place to work!
- A competitive salary, performance-based bonus program, financial assistance available for extra tuition, and insurance premiums paid within the default corporate superannuation fund choice.
- Enjoy public transport at the door and discounted staff parking on site
- Free rides passes, discounts on tickets and food and beverage across the park
- Regular employee celebrations
If you want to join a great team and are eager to be part of our success in our revitalised outlets, then we welcome your application asap.
Please email your CV and cover letter explaining how your skills and experience satisfy the criteria listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org