- Fully qualified with exceptional knowledge and skills in the traditional art of sushi and sashimi making, including advanced knife skills and extensive knowledge of Japanese foods and condiments
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar restaurant and commercial kitchen environment
- Can work under pressures of business volume, with self-motivated, ‘can do’ attitude
- Manager who communicates well in English, including conduct of one-to-one and small group job training
- Willing to work roster that includes days, evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Manage Sushi and Sashimi section efficiently and effectively
- Produce Sushi and Sashimi to a consistently high standard
- Help maintain overall kitchen standards, including food safety, WHS and cleanliness
- Maintain safety of self and team at all times
- Assist Executive and Sous Chefs with daily organisation of kitchen operations
- Supervise and train section staff
- Work in other sections of the kitchen when necessary and deputise for Sous Chef in
- their absence.
- Check presentation and correctness of all dishes before giving them to waitstaff
- Check operational readiness of equipment before and after duty
- Adhere to standard recipes and control food wastage
- Check stored food for freshness and quality
- Prepare special dishes as advised by Executive Chef
- Assist Executive Chef with stock, i.e. ordering, receiving, control and stocktaking
- Attend training arranged and/or conducted by Executive Chef
If you think this position is for you, email [email protected] with your cover letter and CV.